When you support children, you invest in the future. You change lives in meaningful ways.
A year of monthly giving can truly make a lifetime of difference to a child in care. As a Champion for Children, you’ll play a vital role in sustaining the essential services and innovative programs that our foster children and youth depend on.
Why give monthly?
By giving monthly, you contribute what makes sense for you, while making a significant impact over the course of your membership.
IT’S SUSTAINED SUPPORT
Monthly gifts enable us to invest in specific programs, expand our reach to help more kids, and provide uninterrupted services because we know we have the ongoing support of our CHAMPIONS FOR CHILDREN community.
IT’S A COMMUNITY
As a CHAMPION FOR CHILDREN, you join a dedicated group of philanthropists committed to lifting up foster children.
You’re part of the team! We’ll share exclusive updates and stories of the children and youth that you’ve impacted.
“I would’ve ended up homeless if it weren’t for Walden’s Transitional Housing Program. Not only did they give me a safe place to live, they were a huge support while I was in school. Just knowing that I could call my social worker, Maggie, got me through the tough times. Walden made me want to pay it forward and help others like me.”
—Daniela G. earned her Master’s in Social Work at Cal State Long Beach
Your generosity in action.
Every dollar donated makes our work possible—and 85¢ of every dollar goes directly to programs for our children and youth.
- $25: goes toward emergency clothing, as many children come to us with only the clothes on their back.
- $45: helps cover costs for cribs, diapers, developmental toys, and standard car seats.
- $75: provides 4 hours of one-on-one tutoring, particularly important for distance and hybrid learning situations.
- $100: goes toward medical supplies for children with health needs, including specialized formula, nebulizers, eyeglasses, wheelchair repairs, and customized car seats.
- $145: covers 3 hours of nursing for specialized care for medically fragile children and youth. To better serve our clients during this pandemic, Walden now employs a full-time nurse to oversee the health needs of our foster community.
- $200: goes toward household stipend for 1 foster youth living independently. Walden houses and assists more than 20% of all Southern California’s transition-age youth.
Not ready to become a
Champion for Children?
Make an impact today with a generous one-time donation.
RATHER PAY BY CHECK?
Please make checks payable to Walden Family Services and mail to: 8525 Gibbs Drive, Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92123
Or choose a different way to join Walden with a legacy gift, a DAF donation, event attendance, and more.
Kathryn Stephens | Director of Philanthropy | email@example.com
Teresa Stivers | Chief Executive Officer | firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about our Gift Acceptance, Administration & Endowment Policies or view our most current audited financial statements and impact report.