Make Their Future Part of Yours

A gift to Walden from your donor-advised fund will ensure that foster children, youth, and families in need will continue to get the services we provide—a gift that will keep yielding benefits for years to come.

Donor-Advised Funds (DAFs)

A donor can set up a DAF account by making an irrevocable donation to a named charitable giving account under a sponsoring organization (sometimes a public foundation but many times a financial institution like Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, etc.). Contributions can range from cash to securities or appreciated assets—which many times are difficult or complicated for nonprofits to accept. The available tax deduction is for the current year, and can be more advantageous than a direct donation of assets. DAFs are invested in a number of ways, so the original contribution can continue to grow over time—even as a legacy.

How to Give from a DAF

DAF donations are made at the donor’s recommendation in the form of grants to eligible non-profits, such as Walden Family Services. The sponsoring organization provides ways to recommend nonprofits in their account information, but many nonprofits, like Walden, will allow you to make a DAF donation from their websites. The DAF sponsor handles recordkeeping, disbursements, and tax information, and the nonprofit receives 100% of the donation.

Supporting Walden Family Services

You can support Walden today by visiting your DAF account to recommend us for a grant, or by using the DAF Direct widget to your right in the sidebar. Or if you prefer, make a one-time direct donation by clicking here.

Thank you for helping the children and families we serve!

Donor-Advised Funds

Donate by Check

Please make checks payable to:
Walden Family Services

Mailing address:
Walden Family Services
Attn: Development
8525 Gibbs Drive,  Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92123

Contact Information

Kathryn Stephens
Director of Philanthropy
(619) 727-5897
[email protected]

Teresa Stivers
(619) 727-5881
[email protected]

Translate »
Skip to content